Powershell only updating window when tabbing out and in repeatedly RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having this incredibly weird issue in which if I run powershell as another user, e.g.

start-process powershell -credential usernamehere

It opens a new window with powershell just as expected, but said window only updates if I keep tabbing out and in again, see example below:

http://fetafisken.se/troubleshooting/powershell_issue.mp4

Any input and/or advice would be deeply appreciated.

Best regards, zio

Saturday, December 16, 2017 9:50 AM

All replies

• Tr a different user account.

Restart system and try again.

If that fails then run a repair on your system.

This is not really a PowerShell script issue.  It is a system issue.

\_(ツ)_/

Saturday, December 16, 2017 10:07 AM
  • Hi Zio,

Did you modify the configurations of PowerShell?
    Based on the current situation, I recommend checking under Environment Variables to see if the settings are correct.

If you need further help, please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Albert

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, December 18, 2017 7:09 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations. Have you tried the method provided before?

If you already tried them or the issue remains after trying them, please don’t hesitate to tell me. I will do more research and try my best to give you helpful suggestions.

Best Regards,
    Albert

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, December 20, 2017 2:39 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue is going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.
    If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Albert

Friday, December 22, 2017 1:58 AM