SCCM Design - Immediate help needed - Appriciate your expert comments RRS feed

• Question

• The details of our environment are as follows :

1. We have two forests( example a and b) . One forest (A) taking care of users in USA and other forest b has two child domains ( c and d). 

2. Forest a takes care of 150 locations in USA with around 3000 users in total.

3. Domain c under forest b takes cares of 3000 users in USA and Asia and domain d takes cares of 200 users in Europe.

4. We need a Central Site for reporting .

We are planning a architecture ( high level) with one central Site ( for reporting as centralized) and three primaries . one for Forest a and other for domain c and d under forest b.

Please throw in your suggestions on this .

This is a high level plan that needs to be submitted to the client.

Abheek Dutta IT Analyst

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 6:25 AM

Answers

All replies

• Don't use a CAS. A standalone primary sites (and multiple site systems in the remote forests) will be sufficient.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 6:46 AM
  • Thanks for the prompt response torsten .  To sum it up you are suggesting one primary site server with DP's and secondaries are diffrent locations .

Also would like to know if microsoft offers any free assistance on sccm 2012 for implementation.

Abheek Dutta IT Analyst

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 6:54 AM
  • A single primary site will do. Number of DP's depends on the number of locations and the bandwidth. For the question on free support from Microsoft, I don't think that will happen.

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund | Mastering ConfigMgr 2012 The Fundamentals

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 7:35 AM
  • I concur. As for the services, nothing in life is free -- someone always has to pay. If you have an EA in place, there often is funding available though as part of your EA to bring in a partner and partially fund an engagement (this is part of your EA and something you've more or less already paid for). There are other buckets of money available for Microsoft to fund engagements, but that all depends on many, many factors including how much you've bought from Microsoft. You'll have to engage with a partner or discuss this with your Microsoft account executive though to get any actual details. Ultimately, it goes back to nothing in life is free though.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 2:23 PM
  • Got your point .. No free Pie's :-)

Abheek Dutta IT Analyst

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 2:38 PM
  • Hi Abheek,

Since there is only few thousand clients its good to have only standalone primary and 3 secondary sites as the secondary site is capable of managing the mentioned machines in the sites or 2 More MP and protected DP's Will do

Kamala kannan.c

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 9:10 PM
  • Hi Kamala ,

Thanks for your reply . Can i Have your Email if for further references . Will really appriciate that .

Abheek Dutta IT Analyst

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 8:52 AM
  • Hello Abheek,

Why you want to use secondary site,

one Primary Site is enough, and DP, MP, for DP you could use cloud based

Sharad Singh | My blogs: SharadTech | Twitter: @SinghSharaad | | Please mark as helpful/answer if this resolved your issue

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 9:07 AM
  • Hi Sharad ,

Thanks for the feedback .

At this point of time I am not looking for any Secondaries . I am working with network guys to help me understand the peak bandwidth usage .

Can I have your Email if i have any further queries to be discussed.

Would appriciate that .

Abheek Dutta IT Analyst

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 10:38 AM
  • contact me on my linkedin profile give me you contact details

either you can tweet me on my twitter handle @SinghSharaad

Sharad Singh | My blogs: SharadTech | Twitter: @SinghSharaad | | Please mark as helpful/answer if this resolved your issue

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 11:19 AM
  • I can be reached at abheekdutta@gmail.com . Will get in touch with you

Abheek Dutta IT Analyst

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 11:26 AM