none
Local AppData folder deleted on logout with Mandatory Roaming Profiles. RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried to look online for an answer to this but have not found anything.

We have many users logging in with a single mandatory roaming profile.  We have a new dictation program which saves temporary data to the AppData/local folder before uploading it.  If there are any problems with the upload the data sits in that folder until it can be uploaded.

The problem occurs when a user of a mandatory profile (who is unaware of any upload problems) logs out, causing the appdata/local folder to be deleted.  (The folder is not actually deleted until the user next logs in overwriting the local profile.)

My two questions are:

1. Is it normal for the appdata/local folder to be deleted when the user logs off if they have a mandatory profile? (I haven't got any kind of profile cleanup, or the "delete cached copies of roaming profiles" GP turned on.)

2. Is there a way to prevent this folder, or a specific folder within it, from being deleted?

The AD controller is Windows Server 2008 R2 and the workstations are all Windows 7.

Thanks in advance!

(I posted the same question earlier but it went under ADFS for some reason!  Hopefully this is the right section!)

• Edited by Epsomed Tuesday, March 8, 2016 3:29 PM
    Tuesday, March 8, 2016 3:16 PM

Answers