none
External calendar invitations do not populate in users calendar unless viewed in outlook RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having a problem with external calendar invitations not showing up in internal recipient's calendars. The invitation does not show up in the internal recipient's calendar unless their outlook client is open. I've tested invites from google calendar, yahoo, and external outlook/exchange sources. It seems that if my internal recipient doesn't have outlook open and simply looks at the invite through their phone (without accepting it) the invite never makes it to their calendar until they open outlook client. If the outlook client is open the invite populates their calendar automatically as tentative.  Without outlook being open their calendar is never populated by the external senders invite. Calendar invites from internal users populate automatically as tentative without outlook client needing to be opened.

I've tested this from external senders and was monitoring my mailbox's calendar from another account while my outlook was closed. The invites did not show up in my calendar until I opened my outlook client.

I'm running exchange 2007/outlook 2010.

I'm wondering if this is expected behavior or problem with exchange 2007 or possibly a configuration or permissions issue.

Thank in advance for you help.
    Friday, January 25, 2013 9:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    What about OWA ?
    And did you set "ProcessExternalMeetingMessages" to true ?
    Please run "Get-CalendarProcessing |fl " and post here.
    More information for your reference.
    Set-CalendarProcessing:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd335046.aspx

Wendy Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 1:02 PM

All replies

• Can you check the various parameters noted here for calendar processing & see what they are set to. There are about 3 to chexk. On how .eetings are processed.

Sukh

Sunday, January 27, 2013 6:38 PM
  • Hi,
    What about OWA ?
    And did you set "ProcessExternalMeetingMessages" to true ?
    Please run "Get-CalendarProcessing |fl " and post here.
    More information for your reference.
    Set-CalendarProcessing:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd335046.aspx

Wendy Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 1:02 PM