Why does Exchange 2003 and 2003 admin tools not work on Vista Business?? RRS feed

• Question

• When I swapped with XP laptop for Vista Bus the last thing I expected not to work was the admin tools. There are lots of hacks and fixs to get Windows 2003 admin tools and ESM2003 working. Can someone from MS tell me why this is not fixed with Beta testing? and when a fix will be issued?. I actually like Vista apart from the slow login, fact that XP roaming profile willn't load (yes I will have to redirect my folders via GPO) and the admin tools issue. I have now got used to RDPing into a DC to use AD tools or ESM but its annoying. I was told by someone linked to MS to upgrade to Exchange 2007, the finance director asked why he should spend £50k on a new system. So the admin console will work on my Vista Business box not great arguement really. Any straight forward advice would be helpful thank you

Friday, October 26, 2007 2:44 PM

All replies

• Thats alright because the Exchange 2007 admin tools do not work on Vista either.  Microsoft cannot even make their own product compatable with each other.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 12:36 PM
  • Thanks for the update. I had forgotten this post. I'm pretty surprised no one from Microsoft could help with this problem on a Microsoft Forum Sad. I never did finish the Vista testing and deployment I was tasked with as the Company was sold. Now working for an org who uses XP (and do not plan to use Vista anytime soon). I still use Vista Bus at home..

Exchange 2007 adm tools not working on Vista thats bad Sad.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 8:18 PM