imaging degraded raid disk to non-raid ssd - boots but cant get past windows authentication - help! RRS feed

• Question

• -  Current sata raid degraded as one disk went bad a while back and it was unplugged (so just running on one drive)

-  Imaged that drive to ssd successfully

-  Am still able to boot to sata drive fine and am able to get into windows xp (sp3)

-  ssd drive boots but when it takes the windows logon info it quickly

logs OFF and cycles (booting to safe mode produces same result accept when taking windows log on info it immediately flashes back to windows logon prompt again and continues to cycle taking windows authentication and instantly pops back to windows logon prompt)

So my determination at this point is that somehow windows is detecting RAID drivers and seeing a different hd so it is faulting at the windows logon point?  I don't know anything about how window references RAID drivers or disks so I'm at a loss.  Google queries haven't produced a resolution.  Am I on the right track? Looking for the answer from somebody, unlike me, who knows what they are talking about :-) Thanks!

Saturday, August 6, 2011 5:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Vichra,

Can you please give some more information on this problem and perhaps I might be able to assist.

If you can give a step by step account of events it would help.

Martin

If you find my information useful, please rate it. :-)
    Monday, August 8, 2011 3:40 PM
  • Martin, I literally wrote the steps in bullet point style above... let me know what additional info you need and I will be happy to provide.  The basic question is how can you image an OS partition from an hdd in a RAID environment to an ssd to run in a non-RAID setup.  Thanks a ton in advance for your assistance. 
    Monday, August 8, 2011 5:55 PM