none
Onedrive for business RRS feed

• Question

• I have a onedrive for business account at work. 

How do I setup my home pc so that I can see my work files in my onedrive for business cloud files? So far I have not been able to do this. So far I have not been able to replace my onedrive personal on my home pc with an icon which when pressed gives me access on my home pc to my work files instead.

Sunday, November 8, 2015 10:38 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

OneDrive for Business and OneDrive(Personal) are two different products, they work in a quite similar way but they can't replace each other.

My suggestion is, install OneDrive for Business on your home PC and then sync your work files to local:

How to install the OneDrive for Business sync client for SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint Online

Sync OneDrive for Business or site libraries to your computer

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Monday, November 9, 2015 3:19 AM
  • hi Kencoe,

I agree with Melon and following up from his Input.

Just forget about OneDrive for Business unless you have Office365 Subscription or SharePoint On-Premise. OneDrive for Business for Business Users who got either one of above. OneDrive for Business can be either used with Your Personal Site of O365 or Your SharePoint Personal Site of In-Premise SharePoint Setup.

OneDrive for business APP is installed together with Your Office Installation or you can Install via O365.

OneDrive (Not for Business) is a public Service which you can use with your Live Account. You have your own Storage as a Library assigned to your Windows Live (Known as Outlook) Subscription.

OneDrive App is available on Windows Store as a Free APP.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not forget to mark this as answer if it was helpful for you.

Monday, November 9, 2015 4:05 AM