HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable. RRS feed

• Question

• After configuring SharePoint 2016 RTM csntral admin did not open and getting

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 3:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Raghu522,

Please ensure application pool for central administration is running in IIS Manager on the server.

It would be the case that the pool is stopped or failing to start properly.

Thanks

Yagya Shree

MCP & MCTS [WSS 3.0/MOSS/SharePoint 2010] Visit: http://yagyashree.wordpress.com/

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 3:56 PM
  • Hi Raghu522,

In general, HTTP error 503 is about the IIS application pool.

Like Yagya said, please go to IIS Manager to make sure the application pool of Central Administration is started well.

And also, make sure SecurityTokenServiceApplicationPool is started well.

If the above doesn't work, do an IISRESET via opening Command Prompt(cmd)->typing IISRESET.

Thanks,

Wendy

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 31, 2016 6:06 AM
  • Hi,

I checked application pool and started Central admin but after few seconds it stopped again and getting same error. I was installing Sharepoint 2016 RTM. After installation central admin did not open getting error 503.

I reset the iis, ran the Product configuration wizard, updated the service account in central admin advance setting. nothing happened.

Thanks

Monday, April 4, 2016 3:30 PM
  • Check the System Event Log. That should indicate what the failure is.

Trevor Seward

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Monday, April 4, 2016 4:06 PM
  • Check the Event Log for more clue, typically this happen becasuse

• Credentials are not correct for the Account running the App Pool.( double check it)
    • Account running app pool locked
    • Account running AppPool dont have Log on as a Service rights on the server, also log on as batch job.

Please remember to mark your question as answered &Vote helpful,if this solves/helps your problem. ****************************************************************************************** Thanks -WS MCITP(SharePoint 2010, 2013) Blog: http://krossfarm.com

Monday, April 4, 2016 4:57 PM
  • Did you resolve this? If it is in a production environment it most certainly could be because of Policy settings.

The Timer account must have Impersonate client after login

Thursday, April 21, 2016 8:09 AM