none
Project Details webpart not updated with it's associated project Schedule in Project Workspace RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have added Details webpart in Project workspace and saved it as a template. When I create a new project it does not show project schedule that is associated with Project plan in project workspace. It always shows schedule that is assocuiated with Project template.  

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sunday, August 5, 2018 3:37 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I would create the project site template from a project site that is not linked to a project already. There are certain properties added to the project site property bag when it is linked to a project. When creating a new Project Site template, I always start with the default "Project Site" template to create a new base project site called "Project Site Template" for example. This is never linked to a project plan in Project Server / Project Online. Then make the changes as required and save that as a template. If later on I need to make changes to the template, I go back to "Project Site Template" site, make the changes then save as a template again. Try that - see if that works.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Sunday, August 5, 2018 9:40 PM