none
editing ADMX file

Question

• Hi,

I need to edit ADMX, in other words to see all the Settings of ADMX.

The reason:

I replaced old ADMX with newer version. There are some problems that I suspect could be related to the replacement.

I think that some of the settings were suppressed in a new ADMX beside that new are available now.

I may be mistaken because most of the people confirmed that new admx never caused the problem.

But just to be sure I would like to compare both.

So, can we see the content of admx without using GPMC?

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

• Edited by pob579 Monday, August 15, 2016 10:21 PM
    Monday, August 15, 2016 10:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,
    As far as I know, ADMX files are structured the same as XML files and so you can follow the same open/edit rules. In other words, any text editor, like Notepad in Windows will open ADMX files for viewing and editing.
    And Microsoft's ADMX Migrator tool is a free add-on to the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) that provides a GUI to edit ADMX files instead of you having to use a text editor. Here is the link to download this tool: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15058&tduid=(1525bd21c1a39b08ae310a592dd9a3c1)(256380)(2459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-ZxIaFfOanGm7FgQLcvnPiw)()
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by pob579 Tuesday, August 16, 2016 7:20 PM
    Tuesday, August 16, 2016 2:47 AM
  • Thanks Wendy.

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 7:20 PM
  • Hi,
    You are welcome.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 1:07 AM