none
So i am having a issue with my microsoft edge and it is causing greater issues RRS feed

• Question

• So normally I use Firefox as my other browser but more recently I have had to use edge to finish the un-installation of a program so I can do a clean install of the program but the moment my microsoft edge open it closes immediately.
    Friday, January 29, 2016 5:05 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As we all know, Microsoft Edge is just a browser, from my experience, it can’t uninstall a program or software, what you said make me confused.

If Edge always closes immediately after opening, please try change another account and open it again, maybe your user profile has some trouble. Meanwhile, use sfc /scannow command to repair the missing and corrupted system file.

Besides, this link introduces some methods to deal with this problem.

http://www.fixerrs.com/2015/08/microsoft-edge-closes-immediately.html

In addition, we could use following command to repair Edge:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

On the other hand, if Edge just closes immediately when you open that specific program, you may need to note that program’s file format.

In addition, we could collect event log to see what happened when this problem occurred, go to event viewer to receive it.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Last but not least, I advise you set IE as the default browser to see whether can open specific website and uninstall that program.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Monday, February 1, 2016 6:13 AM