Mixed up contact info on received emails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

The issue started couple of months ago and it happens randomly for different people. As seen in picture below when Yee-Shuan sent email to Haw-Ki, Haw-Ki sees Sonia's picture and email address on the contact card for that email. On OWA everything shows normal. There are no local contact cards stored on Haw-Ki's outlook. When outlook downloads emails from server, email is corrected but issue reoccurs after couple of weeks or day. We created OAB again, we created outlook profiles again, we removed and upload pics again. Nothing worked, issue continues. Anyone had this issue before?

• Moved by Niko.Cheng Monday, April 2, 2018 7:23 AM because it is
    Sunday, April 1, 2018 2:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Enes,

As OWA works fine, it seems an outlook client issue rather than an Exchange issue, I will move this thread to Outlook forum, as they should have more professional knowledge on it and you may get effective solution timely.

Thanks for your understanding,

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 2, 2018 7:22 AM
  • Hi Niko,

Thank you for your correction. Does anyone in Outlook Forum has any idea?

Monday, April 2, 2018 11:56 AM
  • Hi Niko,

Thank you for your correction. Does anyone in Outlook Forum has any idea?

Hi Enes,

What's your Exchange version and Outlook version? In Outlook, click File > Account > About Outlook to collect the detailed version build number. 

I notice that the issue happens randomly, is it right? If so, it may be hard to determine the root cause of the issue. Please narrow down the Add-ins: File > Options > Add-ins, select Manage COM Add-ins, disable all listed third-party add-ins.

I suggest you can disable using Exchange Cached mode in Outlook for further troubleshooting: click File > Info > Account Settings, under E-mail tab, double-click this Exchange account, clear the checkbox next to "Use Cached Exchange mode", restart Outlook. Then check if the contact card is displayed correctly or not.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 8:46 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates on the issue?

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Monday, April 9, 2018 6:58 AM
  • Hi,

How about the issue currently? Please feel free to post back if you need further help.

If the issue has been resolved, would you mind to share the solution here and mark it as answer to close the thread? It would help others who read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 9:01 AM
  • Hi,

I have done all the things you suggested. Disabling Exchange Cached Mode did the trick but I dont wanna disable it. Is there another way to disable caching of pictures on Outlook?

Thanks

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 7:24 PM