Change defualt greeting for IVR RGs RRS feed

• Question

• I added a 5th IVR response for a RG via powershell and now you can only manage the RG via powershell. 

Need to change the default IVR greeting but I can’t find anything on how to do that..

I found this article: https://greiginsydney.com/updating-rgs-workflow-settings-using-powershell/ but it only talks about changing it for a specific prompt and not the default greeting.

What are the powershell command to change the initial greeting file that plays when you call an IVR?

• Edited by Fred Saber Thursday, October 5, 2017 10:12 PM
    Thursday, October 5, 2017 10:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Fred,

I cannot find another powershell command to change the initial greeting file ,but I find another way, if you want to change the default greeting ,

First ,you should open the Hunt group workflow url,

Then ,open the  Workflow, Configure a Welcome Message, select the Play a welcome message check box, and then do one of the following:

1.To enter the welcome message as text that is converted to speech for callers, click Use text-to-speech, and then type the welcome message in the text box.

2.To use a wave (.wav) or Windows Media audio (.wma) file recording for the welcome message, click Select a recording. If you want to upload a new audio file, click the a recording link. In the new browser window, click Browse, select the audio file that you want to use, and then click Open. Click Upload to load the audio file.

The following link is for your reference.

http://www.vmwareandme.com/2013/10/guide-how-to-create-and-configure.html#.WdbiC2iCyM8

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, October 6, 2017 2:07 AM
  • Unfortunately I don't have that option. Once you go into the powershell and add the 5th IVR option and then you try to edit that IVR in the GUI you get a message that says you can only manage the RG via Powershell because you added a 5th option.

I already stated this in my original question. I *CAN'T* edit it any longer in the GUI - it won't let you!

Friday, October 6, 2017 2:20 AM
  • Hi Fred,

Based on my research,you could use the following cmd to change the greeting,

$queue = Get-CsRgsQueue -Identity service:ApplicationServer:atl-cs-001.litwareinc.com -Name "Help Desk"

$prompt = New-CsRgsPrompt -TextToSpeechPrompt "Welcome to the help desk.
    Please hold."

$z = New-CsRgsCallAction -Prompt $prompt -Action TransferToQueue -QueueID $queue.Identity

the New-CsRgsPrompt cmdlet is then used to create a new text-to-speech prompt, "Welcome to the help desk. Please hold."

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/skype/new-csrgsprompt?view=skype-ps

you could follow this link to create IVR workflow.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj205213(v=ocs.15).aspx#To use Windows PowerShell to create or modify an Interactive workflow

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, October 6, 2017 6:43 AM
  • Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu

Thursday, October 12, 2017 6:18 AM