word faulting RRS feed

• Question

• dears 

I have my in-house development application , developed using vb.net , and i am running MS word from my application , after upgrading my clients OS to windows 7,8,10 , MS-word crashes (sometimes) during using it if i run it from my application and the event viewer   logs the following error

Faulting application name: WINWORD.EXE, version: 12.0.6787.5000, time stamp: 0x5ab6b28d
    Faulting module name: GDI32.dll, version: 6.1.7601.24404, time stamp: 0x5c891b85
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00044cd8
    Faulting process id: 0x13b4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d4f81a5c9c0911
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\WINWORD.EXE
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\GDI32.dll
    Report Id: fc3cb169-640d-11e9-91e6-1c666d94dd0a

could any one help me to fix this error please 

regards 

• Edited by marwan_gh Thursday, April 25, 2019 11:26 AM error
    Thursday, April 25, 2019 11:24 AM

All replies

• A couple of thoughts, but no solution.

1. Office 12 is Office 2007. It is time for an update.
    2. The problem may be in Windows rather than Word. Search Google for 0xc0000005 and read the results.

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

Thursday, April 25, 2019 11:38 AM
  • Hi,

As Charles said, Office 2007 is an old version of Office which has reached its end of support. If you insist on using Office 2007 on a recent version of the system, there may be some unresolved compatibility issues.

In addition, you can follow the methods in the KB article to have a try: How to troubleshoot problems that occur when you start or use Word.

If the issue persists, please try to reset user options and registry settings in Word.

You can also follow the steps and check if that helps:

1. Go to the location C:\Program File\Microsoft Office\Office 12\winword.exe
      (if you are using a 64bit machine, then you would have to go to C:\Program files x86\Microsoft Office\Office 12\winword.exe)
    2. Right click on winword.exe and click on Properties and then click on Compatibility tab. Check if you have any check mark in any of the compatibility mode options. Make sure you also click on the option "change settings for all users" tab at the bottom of the same screen and look for similar check boxes in the window.
    3. Uncheck the option Run as Administrator option is you have it checked.
    4. If you see any check boxes in the compatibility mode options, uncheck all the boxes and click on Apply and OK.
    5. Try to open Word now and check.

If all methods don't work, please try to uninstall and reinstall Office 2007.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Friday, April 26, 2019 7:37 AM
  • hi 

thanks for reply , actually i am facing the same issue using office 2007,2013 , this issue starts with windows 7 , i'll try your solution and i'll reply to you later 

thanks again 

regards 

Saturday, April 27, 2019 7:01 AM
  • Hi,

OK. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have any updates, you can post them back here to discuss with us. 

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 8:10 AM
  • Hi,

This thread has been around for a long time. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. 

Thank you for understanding! If you have any questions, or updates, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Friday, May 10, 2019 8:43 AM