do I have to install APPV RDS client on RDSH in install mode? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

just to be sure...

do I have to install APPV RDS client on RDSH in install mode?

I guess not necessary because the client will not be used by multiuser. It is needed only for publishing APPV app.

and another question:

if it will be installed using the install mode there will be no harm either. Correct?

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Thursday, December 11, 2014 2:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• You should, see here: www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38178

But I'm not aware of any bad side-effect in case you forget it...

Regards, Michael - http://blog.notmyfault.ch -

• Edited by Michael Wenger Thursday, December 11, 2014 4:17 PM
    • Proposed as answer by CodyLambertModerator Thursday, December 11, 2014 4:44 PM
    • Marked as answer by pob579 Friday, December 12, 2014 7:41 PM
    Thursday, December 11, 2014 4:16 PM
  • Install mode is to handle legacy applications. Most current applications no longer require Install mode, in most cases there's no need to use it any more.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Marked as answer by pob579 Friday, December 12, 2014 7:41 PM
    Thursday, December 11, 2014 10:38 PM
  • Ha-ha :) Interesting... Basically, the apps that for sure support multiuser?

Thanks Aaron

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Friday, December 12, 2014 6:47 PM