none
UocIdentityPicker - persist a specific attribute RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a UocIdentityPicker where I can manipulate the "manager" property of a user.

I would like to, when a manager is selected, to persist one other property of the manager on a separate schema field (ex: RH_ID)

How can this be done?

Thanks

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 2:19 PM

Answers

• When you assign someone a manager, using the portal, you want to not only write the reference attribute, manager, but you also want to write to another attribute, like, manager_displayname, or manager_department, or managers_manager. Is that correct?

Yes it can be done

In the database world we refer to this as denormalized data. You can accomplish this with an MPR and a workflow. Create an MPR that fires when someone(requesters set -- All Users) updates the manager attribute on an object in the Set of "All Users" (target set before and after), it then executes an action workflow (you will need to create the action workflow before you can link the MPR to it). The action workflow would lookup the attribute on the manager and then write it to the user you updated. So using the MIMWAL Update Resources Workflow Activity you would do an XPath query of //Target/Manager/DisplayName and then write that to [//Target/Manager_DisplayName]

David Lundell, Twitter | Hire Identity Managed | FIM Best Practices book | How to Be an MVP in Life book

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 1:16 AM