Unjoin domain client was unable to access file and printer sharing on join domain client RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2 client on the network with the following condition :
    • Windows 7, Status : Join domain, Enable file and printer sharing service.
    • Windows XP, Status : Unjoin domain (because is under specification for joining domain)
    The problem is Win XP client was unable to access file and sharing on Win 7.

I have try the following step :

#on the Win 7 client machine 

1. Create new user with local administrator level, and set the password (only use for login to open sharing access)

2. Set the following registry key to ’1':

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\LargeSystemCache
    and set the following registry key to ’3':

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters\Size

3. Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Firewall -> Advanced Setting -> Inbound Rules -> then set all File and Printer Sharing rules with : Profile=All, Enabled=Yes, Action=Allow

#on the Win XP client machine when try to access file and printer sharing

1. Test ping connection to Win 7 is Reply

2. Set ON/OFF firewall is no effect

3. Run net use sytntax on cmd with the following command :

net use "\\(ip address)\(share printer name)" (password) /user:(computer name\user name)

the output command is : "System Error 53 has Occurred. The network path is not found"

I have ensured that the net use syntax parameters is true. Cause i have execute it on same client in another place with the same condition, the parameter is successfully. But, in this case the Win XP was still unable to access file and sharing on Win 7.

Can you tell me about resolution for this case? So that the Win XP client with unjoin domain status can access file and sharing on the Win 7 client with join domain status?

Thank's.
    Thursday, August 22, 2013 4:01 AM