none
Where has Menu Item : "Edit > Links..." within MSP (Standard or Professional) 2007 gone to in version 2010 and/ or 2013 ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks,

Can someone please tell me where I can find the "Links..." menu item in version 2010 and ver. 2013 that is under the EDIT menu, up until MS Project (Standard or Professiona) version 2007 ?

Just as a refresher, the Links dialog window has an Update Now, Open Source, Change Source..., and Break Link buttons, etc.

Thanks in advance,

\Spiro Theopoulos PMP, MCITP. Montreal, QC (Canada)

Thursday, January 16, 2014 7:44 PM

Answers

• And finally I got it:

Go to the dialog box that allows you customizing the ribbon, and just add the "modifier les liens" icon into the wanted tab in the ribbon in a new group (you have to create it before):

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Sprio,

After 2007 version of MS Project (pro and standard), the menus just disappears.

They were replaced by the ribbon. Actually the "edit" features will be spread in the "task" ribbon as shown below. The "link" icon is in the "planifier" (in french as you're from Québec) group.

Hope this helps and that everything is going well in Montréal!

Thursday, January 16, 2014 7:52 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

I know that the Ribbon has taken over... that is the problem... but the link you indicate is not what I am looking for though.  thanks anyway.

Thursday, January 16, 2014 8:45 PM
  • And finally I got it:

Go to the dialog box that allows you customizing the ribbon, and just add the "modifier les liens" icon into the wanted tab in the ribbon in a new group (you have to create it before):

Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:02 PM
  • Earlier I had tried another similar tool - "Microsoft Project 2010 Interactive Guide", which told me to look for it under "File > Info > Related Document > Edit Links to Files", but I did not find anything there labeled as such.

With addintools that you mentioned I found that the functionality is called "Edit Links" and I also see it in your recently reply ie., the french translation... so now I could add it to my Ribbon or Quick Access.  Thanks for this!

Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:13 PM
  • You're welcome Spiro.

Maybe it is the tool you're talking about, but here is the link to an excel file with the correspondance between 2007 and 2010 menus.

Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:17 PM