Exchange Server 2013 ECP Administration Console RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have got 1 running Exchange Server 2013 SP1 EX1, and planning to move it to another location.I managed to add a second Exchange Server EX2 with the same version in a different location and make it join the same Organization.

Both Ex1 and Ex2 can communicate through S2S VPN tunnel. Everything looks goods however, when I disconnect the VPN Tunnel I am not able to login to ECP Administration Console from EX2 localhost https://localhost(ofEX2)/ecp, it throws an http 500 error.

When the VPN Tunnel is up again it works perfectly.

What could explain this weird behavior and how can I solve it as I want to decommissioning EX1 and make my email server operational from EX2 .

Regards,

TF

Thursday, May 18, 2017 4:10 PM

All replies

• Hi TF,

Is there the same issue in EX1 server?

If not, this would be a network issue.

When disconnect the VPN tunnel, can Ex2 server communicate with DC/GC servers? Is there any firewall between DC and EX2 server?

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Thursday, June 1, 2017 9:53 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by TarekF Wednesday, June 28, 2017 6:04 PM
    Wednesday, May 24, 2017 12:40 PM
  • Hi Niko,

I am still facing the same issue, ECP and OWA are not opening on the new Exchange Server EX2.

I forgot to mention previously, that in the new location I have also created a new Domain Controller DC2 replicated with DC1

I want to decommission EX1 and DC1 and move completely to EX1 and DC2 on the second location.

Any other suggestions ?

Thanks.

TF

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 6:11 PM
  • you mailbox needs to be available if its on the site that went down it wont work
    • Edited by Jon.Knight Wednesday, June 28, 2017 7:34 PM
    Wednesday, June 28, 2017 7:33 PM
  • I already moved all mailboxes to the new site.

Only ECP and OWA are not opening

Regards,

TF

Thursday, June 29, 2017 5:09 AM
  • when you decomission ex1 it will work, otherwise its not supported to shut down communication between exchange. Have you really moved all mailboxes, health, arbitration etc?
    Thursday, June 29, 2017 7:46 AM