Not able to search in Skype client with phone number RRS feed

• Question

• We have recently moved our users from Lync 2010 to Skype for business 2015 servers. We don't have enterprise voice enabled. Users are assigned number in Active directory. When we are checking contact card of a user , it shows the number assigned, but when we try to search with number on client it doesn't show anything. It was working fine earlier. Can some one help me ?
    Thursday, October 11, 2018 4:18 AM

All replies

• Found one strange think. When I see the contact card in Lync client it shows the number but when I Galcontacts.db the number is not present there.
    Thursday, October 11, 2018 10:49 AM
  • Hi Striker11,

For this case, I suggest you could try to create a new account in the AD and enable the account in SFB Server 2015. After creating the new account, you need to update address book for the account, and then check whether this issue occurs in the new account.

If this issue also occurs in the new account, I suggest you could follow the following steps:
    1. Try to change the client policy of the address book to WebSearchOnly for an account which move from Lync Server 2010, check whether fix this issue. You could run the following command:
    New-CsClientPolicy -Identity Web -AddressBookAvailability WebSearchOnly
    Grant-CsClientPolicy -Identity user@domain.com  -PolicyName Web
    2. If WebSearchOnly do not have this issue, it should have some issue with addressbook download in the PC, I suggest you could try to delete all the caches in the PC, and then try run Update-CsAddressBook in the FE server, then try to login the SFB client in PC and wait 60min, check whether fix this issue.
    3. If WebSearchOnly also has the issue, you could try to update the address book with the steps of following blog:
    http://www.fots.nl/lync-address-book-sync-process-information/ 

If this issue in the new account does not occur again, I suggest you could try to check the account’s Attributes in the AD between the accounts, if there’re any difference, you could try to check about this.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, October 12, 2018 2:42 AM
  • Thanks Evan for your response. The issue is present in Websearchonly also. I read some articles and suspect some issue with normalisation rules but if the rules are not correct the number will not be displayed even in Contact card.

In my case number is visible in contact card but when I open  Galcontacts.db the number is not present there.

Friday, October 12, 2018 5:34 AM
  • Hi Striker11,

Based on my test in my test environment, when I assign a phone number to an account, which is not match the normalization rules, I could also search account with phone number. It seems not the normalization rules issue.

According to your description, this issue also occurred when you use the policy with WebSerarchOnly. I suggest you could check whether the phone number assigned for users show in the SQL Server.
    Under the rtcab database, do a new query with the following command:

Select * from [dbo].[AbAttributeValue] where Value like 'username'

With this command, you could get the UserId for the user, then run the following command check whether has the phone number in SQL server, you should replace xxx to the userid you get:

Select * from [dbo].[AbAttributeValue] where UserId = XXX

If you could get the phone number in the database, I suggest you could try to create a new account as I suggest in my last reply to check the AD Attributes.
    If phone number does not show in the database, you need to delete all the caches in the PC and run Update-CsUserDatabase, and wait for about 20 min then check whether fix this issue with the policy WebSerarchOnly.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, October 12, 2018 8:36 AM
  • Hi Evan,

I checked in database. Phone number is present for new user. And this issue is for both websearch and filedownload both. Not able to understand why the number is present in contact card and when checking from  Galcontacts.db, the number is not present 

Friday, October 12, 2018 10:56 AM
  • Hi Striker11,

When the RTCab database updated, then those information will update to the SFB FileShare, while user login the SFB client, the user’s address book information will update to the Galcontacts.db. 

If in your environment, the Galcontacts.db file is not updated from the SFB FileShare, it will not show the correct information, so you could try to delete all the files under this folder and then login the SFB client, after this, check whether the phone number list in the Galcontacts.db: %user%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync

According to your description, the policy with websearchonly also has this issue, and in the database, the phone number has been listed in it. As you know, with the websearchonly, when user search another user, it will directly search in the database. So I doubt this issue may related to the cache files, I suggest you could try to delete all the user’s SFB information in the PC, and then login the SFB client with websearchonly pocliy, check whether fix this issue. You need to delete the following caches:
    SFB client cache file: %Userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\sip_XXXXX
    SFB Registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\XXX

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Monday, October 15, 2018 7:33 AM
    Monday, October 15, 2018 6:47 AM
  • Hi Striker11,

Is there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 3:04 AM
  • Hi Evan,

I tried the steps but still the same issue. Not able to understand why the number is present in contact card when checked from Skype for business client and when checking from  Galcontacts.db, the number is not present .

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 5:25 AM
  • Hi Blue_Craig,

When you use webserarchonly, the information in the contact card has nothing to do with the Galcontacts.db file. If you use the filedownandwebsearch, please check whether there’re any Event error in your FE Severs, according to your description, it may have something wrong when the data sync from database to the FileShare, please check whether there’s any Event error in the FE servers.

In addition, please check the AD attribute of those user, check whether has value in msRTCSIP-Line. 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 5:49 AM