Gaining Ownership to all documents in library. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using SharePoint 2007

I am listed as the owner of my companies sharepoint library, however I do not see all the documents in the library. Our IT guy says it is because the permissions of the individual files were changed (prior to me starting at the company), so when I was added as a site Owner, this was not applied to the individually changed files.. Here is the problem though, my supervisor is about to leave the company, leaving me to be the only owner.

Is there a way to ensure that I am able to see all the files in the library before he goes. The library contains thousands of files, and I don't think it would be possible to go through each file and confirming and/or adding me to the missing files.

Monday, July 29, 2013 1:32 PM

All replies

• If you are site collection administrator then you will be able to see all files irrespective of broken inheritance.

Also, make sure that in library settings -> version settings -> draft item security you have "any user" 

sometimes if this is "owner" only then others don't see files which are in draft state.

val it: unit=()

• Edited by MSDN Student Monday, July 29, 2013 1:50 PM fffffffffffffffffffffff
    Monday, July 29, 2013 1:48 PM
  • As MSDN student has advised if you have site collection rights, you'll be able to see all of the files regardless of permission inheritance.  Items that don't have any checked-in status can be checked out to you via the Document Library Settings.  This is good for files that have no mandatory metadata filled our or those that may have been historically checked out.

If you have publishing features turned on, you can view bulk check-in here too.

Cheers,

Steven Andrews

SharePoint Business Analyst

Blog: Steve's SharePoint Space  Twitter:   LinkedIn:   Facebook:

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 9:35 PM
    Answerer