Refresh newly-managed mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to speed the process of having "Manage Full Access Permission" take effect? That is, when I add an Exchange user to the "Manage Full Access Permission" list on the Exchange 2010 server, it can take five to 10 minutes before the newly-managed mailbox appears in the folder list for the user granted the full access permission to the mailbox.

I am not sure if this is even primarily an Outlook question or an Exchange question.

Friday, August 16, 2019 11:46 AM

All replies

• 10 minutes is actually very good.

You can adjust the time here:

http://clintboessen.blogspot.com/2014/04/changing-mailbox-permissions-in.html

Sunday, August 18, 2019 5:04 PM
  • Hi,

To make sure if this issue is relevant to Exchange server side or Outlook, we can test to open the mailbox from OWA.

Log into OWA, after you grant the full access permission successfully, click the user name on the top right corner of the page. Then you can enter the mailbox name under "Open Other Mailbox" to check if the full access permission works.

If you can enter the mailbox successfully from OWA and Outlook still cannot display the mailbox, we can make sure that the Outlook needs some time to show and access the mailbox.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 19, 2019 6:29 AM
  • But my question is not to see how long it takes to start working; it is how to make it begin working immediately. Is there an Exchange service that can be restarted? Can I trigger an Exchange maintenance event?

For Outlook, I closed & reopened it, then even rebooted the workstation--without the newly-authorized mailbox appearing. The mailbox just appeared at some subsequent time. So unless there is something that can be done in Outlook to specifically tell it to check for newly-authorized other mailboxes, it would seem evident that it is something on the server that is doing this. I can check OWA, but I still need to know what process that is.

Monday, August 19, 2019 3:30 PM
  • Hi,

Checking with OWA is to make sure if the full access permission works immediately. If the permission works well, the issue should be Outlook side. Outlook online mode may help you save more time than cached mode. And as I mentioned above, Outlook needs some time to load and access the mailbox, especially the large mailbox.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 9:15 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update on this thread? 

If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Monday, August 26, 2019 1:17 AM