none
Exchange 2010 Manually setup an email delay?

Question

• Does anyone know if it is at all possible to have exchange 2010 delay sending e-mails for a specified amount of time? lets say i wanted all e-mails users send to be held for about 10 minutes before they are sent can this be done? Thanks

Jack Galante Sr Systems Engineer
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 5:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    What you can do is to suspend the submission queue in Queue Viewer.
    That way the HUB Server will still receive messages but not deliver them anywhere.  
    Note: This af also incomming messages and not only messages that users send.
    Martina Miskovic - http://www.nic2012.com/
    • Marked as answer by Evan Liu Sunday, December 4, 2011 10:37 AM
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 7:47 PM
  • I am not aware of any way to impose a rolling delay on user's mail.  Why would you want to do this??  Perhaps whatever you're actually trying to accomplish can be achieved another way.
    When Outlook is in "online mode" you can schedule a message for later delivery.  You could also drop mail into the pickup directory at your own pace.  Perhaps using one or both of these methods and a roll of duct tape, its possible, but unadvisable.

Mike Crowley | MVP
    My Blog -- Planet Technologies

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 8:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    What you can do is to suspend the submission queue in Queue Viewer.
    That way the HUB Server will still receive messages but not deliver them anywhere.  
    Note: This af also incomming messages and not only messages that users send.
    Martina Miskovic - http://www.nic2012.com/
    • Marked as answer by Evan Liu Sunday, December 4, 2011 10:37 AM
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 7:47 PM
  • I am not aware of any way to impose a rolling delay on user's mail.  Why would you want to do this??  Perhaps whatever you're actually trying to accomplish can be achieved another way.
    When Outlook is in "online mode" you can schedule a message for later delivery.  You could also drop mail into the pickup directory at your own pace.  Perhaps using one or both of these methods and a roll of duct tape, its possible, but unadvisable.

Mike Crowley | MVP
    My Blog -- Planet Technologies

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 8:46 PM
  • Thanks All for the advice.  was able to achieve wat i needed to. 
    Jack Galante Sr Systems Engineer
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 2:42 PM