Office Shared Mailboxes don't update correctly. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a setup at a clients office of the following

2011 SBS Server running Exchange 2010.

The Issue at present is that the main office computer runs the admin mailbox.
    2 other users have their own mailbox and see the admin mailbox as a share.
    this share is added to their outlook from the Exchange Full access permission.

The problem we are having which I have never seen before nor can I find an answer on is where the admin users moves or a deletes and email the other users who see it as a mailbox share don't update, unless the admin user clicks on the folder that she moved the email to.

It is very strange and I can't work out why this is the case as I have mulitple clients with similar setups and I never seen anything like it.

The admin user and one of the users are using Office 2010 while the remaining user is using Office 2007.

I need an answer to why this would happen as because other users are checking the mailbox and still seeing items there they thing it hasn't been look at or completed so try and help to catch up only to find that it has been done and the email moved to the allocated folder but they still see it in the inbox. Very frustrating for them.

Anyone who can shed some light some help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
    Michael

Thursday, August 29, 2013 4:32 AM

Answers

• Hi,

When a server side mailbox change occurs (for instance when a new message arrives or an item in a shared folder is updated by a delegate), Outlook is notified by the Exchange server of this change.

By default, Outlook will then wait 30 seconds before synchronizing these changes. If there are any other changes occurring at the server level within these 30 seconds, then these changes are downloaded at the same time as well.

Assuming there are some sync issue between the local cache and the Exchange server in Exchange cached mode, please try switching the admin mailbox to online Exchange mode and test the issue.

Best Regards

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, September 6, 2013 12:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael Senior Friday, September 6, 2013 1:20 AM
    Saturday, August 31, 2013 1:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

When a server side mailbox change occurs (for instance when a new message arrives or an item in a shared folder is updated by a delegate), Outlook is notified by the Exchange server of this change.

By default, Outlook will then wait 30 seconds before synchronizing these changes. If there are any other changes occurring at the server level within these 30 seconds, then these changes are downloaded at the same time as well.

Assuming there are some sync issue between the local cache and the Exchange server in Exchange cached mode, please try switching the admin mailbox to online Exchange mode and test the issue.

Best Regards

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, September 6, 2013 12:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael Senior Friday, September 6, 2013 1:20 AM
    Saturday, August 31, 2013 1:52 AM
  • Thanks Steve

I had the same thought over the weekend and tried it on Monday. All seems good so far turning the Admin mailbox to Online Exchange mode instead of Cached.

Cheers
    Michael

Friday, September 6, 2013 1:19 AM