Rplacement for Expressionweb? RRS feed

• Question

• Can you steer me to an appropriate forum for the following:

I have been waiting for a web design program to be issued by microsft or elsewhere that incorporates a database "wizard" similar to Frontpage.

I purchased Expression Design but now it appears that Microsoft is starting to drop its support for that series already.

AS the back end of my business has always run on back-end update and viewing forms created through the Frontpage wizard, which uses an Access 2000 database, and since support will not be there for Expressionweb, can you recommend where to go to replace the access database and the easy way the Frontpage wizard created such forms?

I am not concerned with learning how to re-do graphics and web pages with CSS, etc., but the loss of this particular function is a major issue for me moving forward, as I am faced with having to move backwards by either being forced to do a lot of code or hire somewhat to do that, rather than just gewtting it done as with FP.

It is confusing to ask such a question, as as I have been faced for a long time with lectures about how FP is now useless, ancient, etc. with no productive suggestions as to how to replace the database wizard portion(knowing that I will have to go to asp.net or something else), which many professional designers did not realize was part of FP.

Sunday, August 18, 2013 7:58 PM

All replies

• The Microsoft Developer Network found @ http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx would be the place to start.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, August 19, 2013 6:52 PM
  • I have gone through the link you sent, which seems to be development tools for creating windows applications, and I could not find a spot to ask my question.

To review my question:

I am not a software developer (unless I have misread the contents of the link you gave me)

1. I have built a website over many years using Frontpage. I purchased Expressionweb 4 , which is now being abandonded for support.

2- If I have to use Dreamweaver as a replacement, so be it. However, it is the creation of update and results forms that I would like to find incorporated in the web software as it was with Frontpage.

I realize that .asp has now given way to .asp.net, so al I am asking is whether or not Microsoft has a web development product that offers the same parallel solution where I can still use an access database and create the same update forms easily without having to "go backwards" (I thought that software development was meant to make things easier) by having to learn code.

It would be nice to save my business, if possible and if Microsoft offers me the tools to do so, that would be great.

Thanks,

Ron

Monday, August 19, 2013 8:06 PM