Can log on MacOS X Catalina but not on Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I am using MacOS Catalina and Windows on the same machine. I installed Skype for Business first on MacOS and everything went perfect. My organization gives me username different than the e-mail address. Skype for Mac has this option in the login>advanced tab. There is also a section for proxy at the same place and I also entered my organizations proxy server, my id and password there. I also successfully  installed Skype for business on iPhone and the setup was nearly the same.

When I tried to setup on Windows, there was no username or proxy sections in the advanced tab. The only thing in there is (options >personal > advanced) automatic or manual configuration. I should use auto so i am not changing this. But I can not find the settings for the username and the proxy. I tried to use system's proxy settings but it did not work.

How can I enter the parameters for username and proxy for Skype for Business for Windows?

Saturday, March 14, 2020 9:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Dackard,

Do you mean that you can’t log in Windows desktop client? Or just can’t enter the username and proxy server information?

I didn’t find the place to put username, password and proxy server in Skype for Business Windows client.

In my understanding, in windows client, the Sign-in address is the username. As the picture shows, the username is a1.b1@sharon.com while the email address is a1@sharon.com.

For more details, please refer to this link: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Sign-in-to-Skype-for-Business-f104e76c-cef3-4468-8065-d75ea157e58d#OS_Type=Windows.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 16, 2020 6:09 AM
  • Thank you for your reply Sharon. Actually the answer is yes for both questions. I can’t enter the username, password and proxy server information. As a result of this and "no username" problems, I can not login in to Windows Client.

The clients "Advanced" sections are different: Mac has username and proxy sections but Windows client has not.

So, how can I enter the username and proxy information on Windows client?

Monday, March 16, 2020 6:01 PM
  • Hi Dackard,

Can you provide the error message when you try to log on Skype for Business windows client?

Does anyone else can log on windows client?

In fact, it is no place to put username and proxy server in windows client.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 17, 2020 9:17 AM
  • MacOs tab:

Windows tab:

And the error message on Windows:

• Edited by Dackard Tuesday, March 17, 2020 8:20 PM
    Tuesday, March 17, 2020 8:16 PM
  • Hi Dackard,

About this error message, you can try the following methods.

The first is to make sure if IPV6 enabled in your environment. By default, Skype for Business is not enabled for IPv6. This only works when Microsoft sets this for your tenant.

The second is to delete the whole HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSOIdentityCRL key.

The third is to test the connectivity of your environment by Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer.

For more information about these three methods, you can read this link: https://bwit.blog/fix-skype-the-server-is-temporarily-unavailable-error/.

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Thursday, March 19, 2020 8:06 AM
  • Hi Dackard,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Friday, March 27, 2020 9:02 AM