none
Set Minimum Password age to 1 day

Question

• Hi,

I have done changes for password policy in "default domain policy" GPO for computer configuration and restart my computer. As per policy, am not able to change password at logon but am able to reset the user's password in Active Directory Users and Computers. The main concern is that Users should not change their passwords at least  for 1 day and policy is applying but still able to change User's password on the same day. 

Sugandh

Friday, November 04, 2016 11:34 AM

Answers

All replies

• > policy is applying but still able to change User's password on the same
    > day.

"Change" or "Reset"? Reset is always possible, and it is not subject to
    minpwage or pwhistory.

• Proposed as answer by Todd Heron Friday, November 04, 2016 11:59 AM
    Friday, November 04, 2016 11:54 AM
  • When we changed Password policy to 1 day, User is able to change the password on same day itself. When I restart my computer, Policy is being applied and user is not able to change their passwords from Logon page but User who doesn't have Domain Admin Rights is able to reset his password in Active Directory Users and Computers console

Sugandh

Friday, November 04, 2016 3:08 PM
  • Hi,
    In this case, you could restrict users to access ADUC or cancel the permission for the users to reset password.
    Regarding to restrict users to access ADUC, please refer to:
    Control MMC Usage by Using Domain-Wide Group Policy
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc709697%28v=ws.11%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396
    Regarding to cancel the permission for the users to reset password, you could refer to the following article as below which is about to delegate permission for resetting passwords to have a try:
    https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/1464-how-to-delegate-password-reset-permissions-for-your-it-staff
    Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, November 07, 2016 5:48 AM
  • Hi Sugandh,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, November 11, 2016 1:54 AM