Exchange PowerShell RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am running in Exchange 2007:

[PS] C:\Documents and Settings\dominiqued>Get-Mailbox -ResultSize Unlimited | Get-MailboxStatistics | where {$_.StorageLimitStatus -notlike "BelowLimit*"} | select DisplayName,LegacyDN,DatabaseName,StorageLimitStatus|Export-Csv c:\ExceedQuota.csv

but the display is great as showing a full error message:

WARNING: Object ad/SSS/FFFFFFF/Uuuuuu\Mmmmmmmm  has been corrupted and it is in an inconsistent state. The
    following validation errors have occurred:
    WARNING: The Name property contains leading or trailing whitespace, which must
    be removed.
    WARNING: Object ad/SSS/Aaaaaay/Users/xxx, Yyyy has
    been corrupted and it is in an inconsistent state. The following validation
    errors have occurred:

but the csv result file is showing IssueWarning, Send Prohibited and no comment... what is the field which will have the full information as per the display?

I tried:

[PS] C:\Documents and Settings\dominiqued>Get-Mailbox -ResultSize Unlimited | Get-MailboxStatistics | where {$_.StorageLimitStatus -notlike "BelowLimit*"} | select DisplayName,LegacyDN,DatabaseName,StorageLimitStatus,ErrorAction,ErrorVariable,WarningAction,WarningVariable|Export-Csv c:\ExceedQuota.csv

but did not get uch with ErrorVariable,WarningAction,WarningVariable...

I would like:

1. list all mailboxes with this issues

2. How to correct them

Thanks,
    Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager

• Edited by Felyjos Tuesday, March 5, 2013 12:45 AM
    Tuesday, March 5, 2013 12:08 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I would recommend to use two special cmdlets at the beginning and starting point of the script.

include 'start-transcript' at the beginning of the script

This will write the entire operations done durring the cmdlet operation to a text file.

Include 'stop-transcript' as the end line of the script.

The text file location should be displayed in the EMC window. Examine the text file to see the steps processed on which mailbox

-verbose is also useful to use along with the cmdlet

Regards from ExchangeOnline Windows Administrator's Area

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 5:31 AM