none
How to use a smart host for only selected email domains on EX2016 RRS feed

• Question

• We have a cloud email service that is for 2 email domains.  4 other email domains use a local email security appliance and will use the default send connector.   How can I use a smart host for some email domains and not of others. ?   (all of these account are on a single Exchange Server)  
    • Edited by swb_mct Tuesday, December 24, 2019 3:33 PM change question
    Tuesday, December 24, 2019 3:27 PM

Answers

• We are using two different cloud email security services.   2 email domains use one of the services, 4 email domains use the other service.   How can I direct outbound mail to different services based on the email domain ?   (all of these account are on a single Exchange Server)

You cant on-prem without a 3rd party solution.

Example:

https://www.ivasoft.com/routebysender2013.shtml

You can only route based on the *destination* domain, not the source.

Tuesday, December 24, 2019 3:32 PM

All replies

• We are using two different cloud email security services.   2 email domains use one of the services, 4 email domains use the other service.   How can I direct outbound mail to different services based on the email domain ?   (all of these account are on a single Exchange Server)

You cant on-prem without a 3rd party solution.

Example:

https://www.ivasoft.com/routebysender2013.shtml

You can only route based on the *destination* domain, not the source.

Tuesday, December 24, 2019 3:32 PM
  • Hi swb_mct,

I'm afraid you can not achieve this without a third party tool. But we cannot recommend here since we cannot guarantee its security. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 25, 2019 9:25 AM