Problem with Outlook ribbon and CRM Outlook plugin (Skype For Business Users Only) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am posting this as a Skype question because the behavior only affects our Skype for Business users. We are using Outlook 2010 at our office and some users have a Microsoft Dynamics CRM plugin for Outlook, these same users happen to be in our Skype for Business test group.

Any time they reboot their PC's and restart Outlook the Outlook ribbon disappears. Apparently this is something of a known issue as I found a fix which involves removing the following registry key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{2DF804C-5BFA-101B-BDE5-00AA0044DE52}

This solves the problem, but I can't be going to ten users desks every time they reboot and delete this registry key each time, does anyone know of a permanent solution to this problem?

Thank you

Atekkof

Friday, November 18, 2016 8:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Atekkof,

Welcome to our forum.

Although this is outlook issue, I will move this case to outlook forum, thanks for your understanding and support.

In addition, we suggest you remove Skype meeting add-in from outlook to check if it was caused by Skype for business client.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 21, 2016 7:15 AM