none
Project Server 2013 and IIS - Lost access to PWA site RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Forum,

From time to time (approximately 3 in 3 months) all users (including the farm administrator) loses access to PWA (Sorry this site has not been shared...). After an iisreset, the access to PWA site is normalized.
    I would like to understand what may be causing it. Is there any documentation that explains in detail all influence IIS on the Project Server?

Remarks:
      Access to the SharePoint Central Administration continues as usual;
      The farm consists of one Application Server and 1 Database Server.

Authentication Project Server mode.

Tiago Pratti

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 6:56 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I haven't seen this before. Do other site collections in the same web application continue to work or is it only PWA that is affected?

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 7:32 PM
  • Paul,

All site collection in the same web application are affected.

I think that something is to mess in the IIS's cache...

Tiago Pratti

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 10:56 AM
  • Possibly, have the IIS Settings been manually modified or have these been left as SharePoint configured it? Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 5:55 PM
  • IIS settings hasn't been configured manually, and continue as SharePoint configured it.

Tiago Pratti

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 7:14 PM
  • Hi,

One of the things to check is the load on SQL memory and CPU. I've seen something similar (the website was not accessible anymore) but in the 2007 version and it was caused by a timeout on SharePoint caused by the low running SQL. The final fix was to increase the memory on the SQL

Paul

Thursday, November 27, 2014 7:08 PM
  • Tanks Paul Marinescu.

I did not notice the condition mentioned by you on the sql server. I will pay attention that the next occurrence of the problem discussed here.
    Another thing I think (when the problema hapen again) of is to make a manually recycling on each IIS application pool and find the application pool may have caused the problem.

More information about the Servers:

* Application Server:
      - Ram Memory: 16GB. Hardly exceeds 10GB of use
      - CPU: Xeon E5-2680 2.7GHz
      - Disk (when the error occur): 10GB Free of 100GB

*Database Server:
      - RAM Memory: 16GB
      - CPU: Xeon E5-2680 2.7GHz
      - Disk (when the error occur): drive C - 35GB Free of 80GB. Drive E (where database is stored): 15GB Free of 80GB

Tiago Pratti

Friday, November 28, 2014 3:55 PM