Slight 1 or 2 second freeze every few minutes RRS feed

• Question

• I have brand new MSI gt60 laptop with GTX870M ,i7-4800MQ CPU and 8gb ram.

There is a random 2-3 second freeze every few minutes. Mouse stutters and then goes back to normal. when streaming, videos freeze for 2 seconds and starts playing normally.. this keeps happening every few minutes.

i have updated all the drivers video, network, sound nothing seems to solve the issue. Also i have not installed any 3rd party software's yet.. just firefox.

This is very annoying, please help me out.

Friday, June 27, 2014 3:23 AM

Answers

• Depakjan

Firefox by far is the largest component of this.  IN firefox it is the flash player plugin as can be seen in the first trace

It is both maxing out the HD and increasing memory use dramatically.  I would re-install flash &/or try a different browser to check it.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

• Edited by ZigZag3143x Thursday, July 10, 2014 12:41 PM
    • Marked as answer by EMMmmmmmm Tuesday, July 15, 2014 8:54 AM
    Thursday, July 10, 2014 12:37 PM

All replies

• In order to diagnose your problem you will need to download and install the below

Install the WPT (windows Performance Toolkit) 
    Help with installation (if needed) is here

When you have, open an elevated command prompt and type the following 
    WPRUI.exe (which is the windows performance recorder) and check off the boxes for the following:

First level triage, CPU usage, Disk IO.  

If your problem is not CPU or HD then check off the relevant box/s as well (for example networking or registry)  Please configure yours as per the below snip

Click Start

Let it run for 60 secs or more and save the file (it will show you where it is being saved and what the file is called)

Zip the file and upload to us on Onedrive (or any file sharing service) and give us a link to it in your next post.

Friday, June 27, 2014 3:44 AM
  • Thanks, i followed the steps and uploaded the file to onedrive

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=29802663869EFD8E%211875

Let me know if you need anything else. these mouse stuck ups are crazy, it suddenly doesn't register my clicks/movement.
    Friday, June 27, 2014 5:15 AM
  • Depakjan

You have over 100 processes running (thats a lot) and dozens of third party apps.  For example SBCinema.steam, steel series, killer service, dragon gaming center, etc, etc, etc.  ALL of these 3rd party drivers take up memory.  Almost half of your used memory is used by these 3rd party apps.

There are at least three that are driving the freezes.  Firefox, steam, and spcservice.exe (bluetooth?).  I would try using a different browser, if that doesnt fix the problem uninstall steam (dont worry just to test), if that doesnt fix the issue remove spcservice.

If the three dont help run another trace with them ALL removed.

Friday, June 27, 2014 2:59 PM
  • I have stopped many processes , but its still happening :(

Uploaded another file

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=29802663869EFD8E%211883

Saturday, June 28, 2014 12:47 AM
  • Depakjan

Doesn't appear you were having the problem when you ran this trace.  Were you?  You are down to 76 processes and Chrome uses much less than firefox did.

Lets make sure the OS is ok by running a system file check

Please run a system file check (SFC)

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...
    Should you have any questions please ask us.

Saturday, June 28, 2014 12:38 PM
  • I tried that option as well, windows fixed some files.

But i found this last night, apparently this mouse lag is only on the external display, yesterday i unplugged both my displays and was working on my laptop screen alone, no lag whatsoever.... this lag seems to happen only on the external displays ..

EDIT : Does happen when not connected to external displays as well >< , for some reason it did not happen for a day, now its started again.. damn it

• Edited by Depakjan Sunday, June 29, 2014 5:09 PM
    Saturday, June 28, 2014 2:40 PM
  • I have uploaded 2 more recordings when the lag was very bad.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=29802663869efd8e&id=29802663869EFD8E!1887

i don't think its the number of processes because my old laptop(i5 and a 4gb ram) was able to run all these processes just fine. it never lagged when moving the mouse / while streaming.

Also oddly i don't have lags while gaming (not sure if the lag is not noticeable or something ) ... this is weird.

Monday, June 30, 2014 12:13 PM
  • Depakjan

Firefox by far is the largest component of this.  IN firefox it is the flash player plugin as can be seen in the first trace

It is both maxing out the HD and increasing memory use dramatically.  I would re-install flash &/or try a different browser to check it.

• Edited by ZigZag3143x Thursday, July 10, 2014 12:41 PM
    • Marked as answer by EMMmmmmmm Tuesday, July 15, 2014 8:54 AM
    Thursday, July 10, 2014 12:37 PM