none
Actual Work don't calculated for resources in resource sheet RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I'm using MS Project 2016 Prof. Recently I was found a problem.
    In my plan there are some completed works by resource.
    But when I look resource sheet, columns "Actual Work" and "% Work Complete" for the resource are equal "0".

Such problem was on my computer on MS Project 2013 Prof.
    When I upgraded to MS Project 2016 this problem was gone but for a while.
    Now this problem has again appeared.

But on another computer there is no such problem.
    There in MS Project columns "Actual Work" and "% Work Complete" contain correct values.

What is wrong in MS Project on my computer?
    Help me please to resolve this.

• Edited by es3000_ Tuesday, March 20, 2018 10:28 AM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2018 10:27 AM

All replies

• I have found out that When I open my plan (mpp-file) in MS Project on another computer, correct values in fields "Actual Work" and "% Work Complete" are calculated and appear!

I save this project plan and return on my computer.

After this correct values in this fields are displayed on my computer too!

That is something occurs during creation of the project on my computer because of what fields don't calculated.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 11:52 AM
  • Hard to say. Not much to go on. Check the work table in the resource sheet. Check the actual work column in the tracking table. Check actual work in the task usage view. Check actual work in the resource usage view. Hit F9 to force a re-calculation. That's all I have for now. Any help?
    Tuesday, March 20, 2018 1:07 PM
  • es300,

Simple solution. At some point your calculation option (File > Options> Schedule group > Calculation) was turned "off". All you need to do is to turn it "on".

Hope this helps.

John

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 3:25 PM

• Simple solution. At some point your calculation option (File > Options> Schedule group > Calculation) was turned "off". All you need to do is to turn it "on".

No, it is not solution.

This option was turned off specially by me from starting project.

And I often use F9-key to manually calculate project. All fields calculated good. Except "Actual Work" and "% Work Complete"!

And as I write, on another computer this fields are calculated correctly, though settings at the project didn't change (option "Calculation" is turned "off").

• Edited by es3000_ Thursday, March 22, 2018 1:10 PM
    Thursday, March 22, 2018 1:10 PM
  • es3000,

I don't quite understand why you want to use Project with calculation turned off but okay, using F9 should also work. If indeed on one particular PC using F9 does not update the values, then let's check a few things.

First, is Project 2016 fully updated? It should be winproj.exe 16.0.4666.1000. If not, run Windows Update. Note, if you are using a subscription form of Project (i.e. Project Online or Project 365), it is automatically updated.

When you say it works on another PC, is that the exact same file or just another similar file? If it is another file then the file you are working with may have come corruption. Try saving as XML and then re-open the XML in Project. Note, you will lose any custom formatting with this process.

If the exact same file works on one PC but not another PC, then Project may be corrupt. Try a repair through the Windows Control Panel. If that doesn't help, find your working Global and drag it to the trash. When you re-start Project a new default Global will be created. Note, you will lose any custom properties (e.g. views, tables, filters, etc.) using this process.

Hope this helps.

John

Thursday, March 22, 2018 2:09 PM