Windows XP Credentials RRS feed

• Question

• I have user Installed Windows XP connects throug VPN to domain environment with domain user account. His password is getting lockevery one hour. I have enable the Audit Policy into GP domain server to monitor the account. The event logs bring up the IP and PC name is logging on with wrong credetials to lock the account. I have checked the managed password under advance user account control panel nothing is save in there.

Does any one know the registery path where I could see the saved credentials or work around

Muhammad Mehdi
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 11:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Martin

Thanks for reply

I had look all these settings but I manage to find the device by enabking Audit policy on GPMC.

Email profile was an issue. I have delete the exchange user profile and re created seems working fine for 5 Days

Kind Regards

MM

Muhammad Mehdi
    • Marked as answer by MM from AUS Tuesday, September 27, 2011 8:12 PM
    Friday, September 16, 2011 1:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Muhammad,

There is a good article on Windows XP credential management here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306541

This should answer your query.

Kind Regards,

Martin

If you find my information useful, please rate it. :-)
    Friday, September 9, 2011 1:17 AM
  • Hi Martin

Thanks for reply

I had look all these settings but I manage to find the device by enabking Audit policy on GPMC.

Email profile was an issue. I have delete the exchange user profile and re created seems working fine for 5 Days

Kind Regards

MM

Muhammad Mehdi
    • Marked as answer by MM from AUS Tuesday, September 27, 2011 8:12 PM
    Friday, September 16, 2011 1:03 AM