sequencing MS OFFICE 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• i have sequenced MS OFFICE 2010 by following the sequencing guide http://www.ms-csm.com/Appv/?p=30  it is running well on my environment.

but when i am changing the name of the package which i saved in the CONTENT folder of the APP-V server, i failed to even publish the short cuts of the applications.

when i am importing the OSD's of all the application of the office it takes the same path as that before changing the name of the package.

e.g.:- earlier the package name was MS OFFICE2010 so its OSD path was \\servername\content\MS OFFICE2010\MS EXCEL.osd   but when i change the name to MS OFFICE2010grv  the path of the OSD after importing the application still remains the same as before inspite the fact that i am creating a new package every time and providing the specific path for the SFT file.

I am in a big mess and out of the solution. can anybody got some idea.

Thanks

Gaurav Ranjan

• Moved by Aaron.ParkerModerator Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:49 PM Please do not post questions in the Sequencing Recipe forum (From:App-V Sequencing Recipe Forum)
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 1:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Gaurav,

If you change only the folder name in the App-V share, the client will fail to locate the actual location in the OSD as it still refers to the old one. the reference to this location will be in both OSD files and SPRJ file. When you import the sprj file, the HREF inside this will be still looking for the old location and will not be updated. You can modify the HREF with the new folder details in both OSD and SPRJ and import them on the App-V server.

Sivatej.

• Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, November 22, 2011 8:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 2:16 PM
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 4:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Gaurav,

If you change only the folder name in the App-V share, the client will fail to locate the actual location in the OSD as it still refers to the old one. the reference to this location will be in both OSD files and SPRJ file. When you import the sprj file, the HREF inside this will be still looking for the old location and will not be updated. You can modify the HREF with the new folder details in both OSD and SPRJ and import them on the App-V server.

Sivatej.

• Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, November 22, 2011 8:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 2:16 PM
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 4:12 PM
  • Hi Siva,

we can change the name of the package in the APP-V share. i have worked on it and found the solution. you have to save the package to the root of the Q-Drive in the sequencer. and dont configure the default path of the content folder in the APP-V server. leave it blank. now when you import the package all application will be imported successfully inspite of the fact of changing the name of the package. try it. it woked for me.

the thing which i again want to resolve is that by this process the icons for the application was taken as the default one. original icons for the application is not published.and i am working on that.i will let u know.

thanks

Gaurav Ranjan
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 5:24 AM
  • Hello,

I suggest posting this question in the App-V and management server forum. This forum is dedicated for the sharing of recipes
    /Znack
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:31 AM
  • Hi Gaurav,

If you know the icons, simply place them in the ICONS folder and name it accordingly with the OSD refernces in the shortcut tab. This doesn't require re-sequencing the entire app only for the sake of icons to be reflected.

Sivatej.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 8:09 AM
  • yes thanks for your response.

but the thing is that when i am importing the applications from the SPRJ file of the package, the path of the default applications is somewhat like "//sftmime/......."

i dont know where thsi SFTMIME comes from. i tried a lot to rectify icon files in the package. also asiigned icons to the applications while sequencing although it was defined as default.

but nothing happened. do you have any suggestions

thanks

Gaurav Ranjan
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 11:37 AM
  • Hi Gaurav,

%SFT_MIME_SOURCE% which you see in the OSD for shortcut icon reference is the folder location in your content share from where the app is loaded. If you place your sequence as \\ABC\CONTENTSHARE\APP_SEQUENCE_1.0 then APP_SEQUENCE_1.0 which contains SPRJ OSD and SFT files along with ICONS folder is the %SFT_MIME_SOURCE% which is being referred. Check your SEQUENCENAME Icons folder in the application for the icons which the OSD is referring. You can change the icons and rename them accordingly with the name in OSD[icon file name]. This will solve the issue.

Sivatej.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 12:31 PM
  • Hi Siva,

thanks for making me clear the scenario which is piling up like a hill. now i am clear aboutr the SFTMIME. the way you have suggested i will definitely try this and will let you know.

thanks

Gaurav Ranjan
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 12:56 PM