none
Sub Projects not fully publishing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using MS Project 2007, SP3

I have a master project with many sub projects. When I publish the master project (with all sub projects open and highlighted), it does not seem to fully publish the sub projects. 

When I go to the Resource Assignment view in PWA, not all tasks are showing the actual work against them.  The missing tasks are for several projects.  Some projects show actual work correctly.

When I publish the problematic sub project separately, the actual work for those tasks show up. 

Thank you so much for your help!

Stacey

Stacey Shearn

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 6:53 PM

All replies

• I know this won't be much help to you at this point but.. We actually made it a rule to not use the built-in Master/Sub project feature. We simply "enforced" this relationship through naming conventions. This was because of a whole host of issues we kept running into, similar to what you are experiencing and worse. The system just doesn't seem to handle it gracefully, so we avoided it altogether.

Friday, May 16, 2014 8:29 PM
  • I think in in the last Project Server cumulative update there were some master-sub project bug fixes, so try installing the latest 2007 cumulative updates from MSDN.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Sunday, May 18, 2014 5:29 AM
  • Sorry to hear that John!  I have been using it for years and haven't been having problems, until now when I am trying to use something new.  Thanks for your input!

Stacey Shearn

Monday, May 19, 2014 1:19 PM
  • Thank you for helping Rod!  I thought we had the latest version.  Is there one above this:

Microsoft Office Project 2007 (12.0.6607.1000) SP3 MSO (12.0.6683.5000)?

Thanks!

Stacey

Stacey Shearn

Monday, May 19, 2014 1:27 PM
  • I am still having this issue. The Resource Assignment Report would be so useful if I did not have to publish each project separately and could just publish from the Master Project.

Thank you!!

Stacey

Stacey Shearn

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 12:21 AM