none
Removing domain from my exchange RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need help with our exchange 2016 server. My client decided to downgrade his email solution to pop3/imap from our exchange server.

So I've removed his mailboxes, removed from accepted domains and also removed from UPN suffix from AD.

Client is removed, email goes correctly to their new mailboxes, but when I try to send email from my mailbox (same exchange server) it still tries to deliver to their old exchange mailboxes. 

Could you please help me with this?

Monday, June 17, 2019 12:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you mean you create the new mailbox and account for the client?

Do other users in your organization have the same issue when they email to the new mailbox?

Do you get any NDRs? If it's convenient for you, you can post the screenshot here, and please don't forget to cover your personal information.

Please try to clear the autocomplete cache in the Outlook. File > Options > Mail > Under Send Messages, click Empty Auto-Complete List:

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 2:37 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful.

Do you get any NDRs? If other users have the same issue when they reply emails or send new messages to this user, you can try to create an X500 proxy address for the old LegacyExchangeDN attribute for the user. For reference: IMCEAEX non-delivery report when you send email messages to an internal user

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 21, 2019 1:37 AM