Apply local machine MS Word settings on SharePoint Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Team,

We have Word document consisting of hyperlinks hosted on SharePoint that can be downloaded by Users. The expectation is that Users can download the document and click the hyperlink to access the content. However, the links do not immediately work upon clicking them. 

The user can only access the content by right clicking to play in a new tab/window.

We noticed that there is a local word settings that can changed to automatically play the content by clicking on the hyperlinks. Is there a way to apply the local machine settings onto the SharePoint server so that users need to make any changes on their local machine/word document to access the hyperlinks.

Thank you for your support in advance.

Regards

Krishna C. Kalva

adidas Group

【deleted phone number】

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 8:33 AM

Answers

• Hi,

What version of Word are you using? Word 2013, Word 2010 or Word 2007?

Please also let me know which local setting you referred to. Take Word 2013 for example, we can go to FILE -> Options -> Advanced, there's a checkbox under "Editing options" called "Use CTRL + Click to follow hyperlink". If you select it, you need to press Ctrl + Click to open the hyperlinks, if you uncheck it, just click the hyperlink and it will open. It's a setting of Word instead of a file, as mentioned, if you download the file and open it in your local Word client, it should work according to this setting.

If I got anything wrong, feel free to correct me. Or you might get any error messages or warning, you can let me know.

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 5:54 AM