How to increase number of pinned/recent items of taskbar jumplist under Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

advised by the Microsoft Community forums I am re-posting my question here.

Original post under: Windows 10 -> Desktop, Start, & personalization -> "How to increase number of pinned/recent items of taskbar jumplist under Windows 10"

I like to understand how to increase the number of pinned/recent items of the taskbar application jump list.

I found various posts on the web on this question. Some of them referencing a settings dialog, that doesn´t seem to be available in newer builds/versions of Windows 10. Some of them referencing registry keysStart_JumpListItems and/or JumpListItems_Maximum under

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced that didn´t work.

Thus, does somebody know to increase the jump list?

To avoid misunderstandings, I am not asking for the enable/disable of jump list in the start menu.

Version is Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB

Thank you,

Erich

• Edited by Erich Fromm Wednesday, March 16, 2016 1:34 PM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2016 1:33 PM

Answers

• All,

thank you for your help on this topic.

Finally it seemed to be direct related to the Windows 10 branch. Moving away from LTSB made reg key changes effective.

Regards,

Erich

• Marked as answer by Erich Fromm Friday, April 15, 2016 6:12 AM
    Friday, April 15, 2016 6:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Erich,

Folks shared that the following registry worked:

To change quantity of Jump List items, open RegEdit and navigate to:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
    Click on Advanced key. On menu, click Edit > New > DWORD (32 bit) Value.
    Name it: JumpListItems_Maximum
    Right click it, select Modify and set Hexadecimal Value to what you want.
    I set mine to 30 and it actually took immediately without a reboot.

Thread reference:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/windows-10-jump-list/44f27211-2647-43bc-816d-9ca3aa8e97d0?page=7&auth=1

This might not be the item that you would like to manage, for the Pinned items on Windows Explorer, it is managed with the Quick Access.

By the way, could you please share us the program that you would like to modify, or a screenshot here?

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by ZigZag3143x Thursday, March 17, 2016 7:37 AM
    Thursday, March 17, 2016 6:22 AM
  • Hi Michael,

thank you for your reply.

The possible solution you provided is something I already tried - unsuccessful. I´ve given it another try based on your advise and provided hyperlink, but it didn´t work.

I am looking for a solution on how to increase items of jump list for classic Win32 apps under Windows 10. The Following picture is illustrating what I am looking for
    http://www.windowscentral.com/sites/wpcentral.com/files/styles/larger/public/field/image/2015/10/win32-jump-list.png?itok=-tB-sZTO

I had this functionality under Windows 7 and am missing it under Windows 10.

Not sure if I understand what you mean with "This might not be the item that you would like to manage, for the Pinned items on Windows Explorer, it is managed with the Quick Access.". Could you please explain?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
    Marcus

Friday, March 18, 2016 7:47 AM
  • Erich,

I mean the Windows Explorer pinned to Taskbar, if you right click on it, it will show you the Pinned items in the context menu, which is managed by Quick Access.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 8:57 AM
  • All,

thank you for your help on this topic.

Finally it seemed to be direct related to the Windows 10 branch. Moving away from LTSB made reg key changes effective.

Regards,

Erich

• Marked as answer by Erich Fromm Friday, April 15, 2016 6:12 AM
    Friday, April 15, 2016 6:12 AM