Invitees show up as locations RRS feed

• Question

• A meeting invites are being sent out to 4-10 attendees. Of those invites, there are 4 people reporting that they did not receive the invite. When we go back to see what was sent out, those people show up as room locations and their schedule looks tentative. Room locations have not been set up and it is consistently the same 4 people. 

This happens for more than one meeting, different days/times, reoccurring or one-time. The originator of the meetings is using Outlook for Mac 2011. The attendees are using either Windows or Macs, I don't yet have confirmation on their versions, however this issue only recently showed up, as of 2 weeks ago, and we have not changed the versions that each invitee is using, which makes me doubt that it is a compatibility/version issue. 

The current work-around is just to resend the invite. The 2nd invite does allow the attendees to view the details and accept/reject the meeting. Even after the 2nd invite is sent, those 4 people still show up in the room list and the attendee list. 

Please advise on what might be causing this now or what are troubleshooting steps I can take. 

Thank you for your help. 

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 7:37 PM

All replies

• Hi LslDsntKnow,

>> The originator of the meetings is using Outlook for Mac 2011. The attendees are using either Windows or Macs.

Does this issue only occur to meetings organized by the particular user who is using Outlook for Mac 2011? 
    Or, does this problem only happen to the "4 attendees"?

To help narrow down if the issue, please try to test by creating a new meeting and exclude these 4 attendees and see the result.

It is also suggested ask the organizer to create a same meeting using his account on another machine (with other version of Outlook) and check if the problem persists.

Any updates, please post back at ease.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 7:18 AM