Windows Vista Power Management RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi All,

I recently bought Vista Home Premium.  My initial install was utilizing the Upgrade option and that didn't fare too well.  But, to be honest, I'm a power user, my program files were practically filling the screen on the start menu.

In any event, I recouped and went with a clean install.  Installation time was much less and the results much better.

Actually, I'm a pretty happy camper, the video and sound are just mind boggling.  And the clean install has my Visual Studio 2008 Pro humming.

One snafu, sleep mode.  It was causing the system to reboot when it emerged.  Today I came home and all was well.   I had adjusted the power settings to Performance Mode.  And now all appears well.

I don't know if this is a question or a comment, but I'm a programmer, and I rarely use sleep mode, because it interferes with utilizing the scheduled tasks.

In any event, The OS has a lot going for it.  This Aereo is really something.  I look forward to delving under the hood and seeing what I can find in the future.

Thanks,

John.

Thursday, March 20, 2008 9:56 PM