Unable to Delete Dashboards And Charts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I have suddenly lost the ability to delete anything from within Dashboard Designer, every time i try to delete somthing i get the following error.

The List containing this item no longer exists or you do not have permission to view it, The report cannot be deleted.

I am logged onto the the machine as domain admin and i have not had this issue before.

please help

John

Thursday, May 19, 2011 8:21 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Is Kerberos in this environment?

I would like you to run the following in PowerShell, which will make sure the Unattended account has the correct permissions to your content database:

$w = Get-SPWebApplication-Identity http://webapplicationurl

$w.GrantAccessToProcessIdentity(“domain\serviceaccount”)

• You will need to replace the http://webapplicationurl with the appropriate URL
    • You will need to replace domain\serviceaccount with the appropriate service account for PPS.

I would also suggest checking on SharePoint site permissions for your Unattended account.  It stating it does not have delete permissions, so try adding the Unattended account to the Contributors group.

Thanks
    Heidi Tr - MSFT

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 8:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Try deleting from the workspace inside the dashboard designer.

HTH,

Ram

Thursday, May 19, 2011 5:16 PM
  • That is where i am trying to delete from but it gives me the erro i posted, any more idears?

John

Thursday, May 19, 2011 7:49 PM
  • I think the item has been deleted from the sharepoint server itself. In this case the report that you are trying to delete. Try going to your sharepoint site and then to performance point content library. Check if it is there if it not then then it has been deleted and you can find it in recycle bin on sharepoint site. 

Other scenario might be that somehow the guid of the item on shrepoint site is different from the one in your workspace. In this case I would create a new workspace, take the item from sharepoint in my workspace and then delete it or what ever that you want to do. 

I would also be tempted to check permissions if you really have permission to delete item.

• Proposed as answer by K Sean Tuesday, May 24, 2011 11:27 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by pepps1976 Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:06 PM
    Friday, May 20, 2011 11:46 AM
  • Hi Ksean

I have checked permissions they seem ok, there is nothing in the recycle bin, can you talk me through the secound part of your answer the GUID being different from the work space.

I have also created a new graph in the workspace as a test then straight away try to delete it and get the same error.

john

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 1:22 PM
  • I don't think the second scenario is relevant any more since you created a new graph in the same workspace, saved it to the sharepoint site, deleted it immediately and still you are getting the same error. Presumably, same will happen if you create a blank workspace, create a new datasource, report based on this datasource and then delete it. If you haven't done it already, give it a try. 

Can you check the eventlog on the server and also on you local machine? Also can you post the windows version sharepoint is running on?

Thanks

sean

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 2:19 PM
  • Ok

I created a new data source then a new graph based on that data source and still have the same issue, i have however managed to go thorough Share point view all site content then performance point content from there i am able to delete, it just seems to be through dashboard designer i cannot delete items.

I am doing this all through the server that sharepoint is hosted on, as i have always done, i am running on windows server 2008 R" Standard 64 Bit, below is an eventlog error

The user "SHAREPOINT\system" attempted to delete an item in the following location: http://sharepoint/Bi/Lists/PerformancePoint Content/137_.000

Verify that the location exists and that the user has the "Delete Items" permission.

Exception details:
    Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: The request is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070032) ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070032): The request is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070032)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.DeleteItem(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName, Int32 lID, UInt32 dwDeleteOp, Guid& pgDeleteTransactionId)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.DeleteItem(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName, Int32 lID, UInt32 dwDeleteOp, Guid& pgDeleteTransactionId)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPGlobal.HandleComException(COMException comEx)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.DeleteItem(String bstrUrl, String bstrListName, Int32 lID, UInt32 dwDeleteOp, Guid& pgDeleteTransactionId)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListItem.DeleteCore(DeleteOp deleteOp)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListItem.Recycle()
       at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.Store.Dao.SPListItemDao.Delete(ISPFcoCache cache, Guid webSiteID, RepositoryLocation location)

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 2:32 PM
  • Hi there, I am not a sharepoint expert but this looks like a permissions issue. The  unattended service account doesn't seem to have permissions. 
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 9:22 AM
  • Could you point me in the direction as where i need to check
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 12:01 PM
  • Hello,

I would suggest looking in Central Administration - Application Management - Manage Service Applications.  In here, highlight on PerformancePoint Service and select the Administrator button.  Make sure the user that you are using for your Unattended account is here with the proper permissions.  I would start with Full Control. 

Thanks
    Heidi Tr- MSFT

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 7:49 PM
  • Hello,

Is Kerberos in this environment?

I would like you to run the following in PowerShell, which will make sure the Unattended account has the correct permissions to your content database:

$w = Get-SPWebApplication-Identity http://webapplicationurl

$w.GrantAccessToProcessIdentity(“domain\serviceaccount”)

• You will need to replace the http://webapplicationurl with the appropriate URL
    • You will need to replace domain\serviceaccount with the appropriate service account for PPS.

I would also suggest checking on SharePoint site permissions for your Unattended account.  It stating it does not have delete permissions, so try adding the Unattended account to the Contributors group.

Thanks
    Heidi Tr - MSFT

Thursday, August 25, 2011 8:20 PM