Install Mediation the same front end server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I can install mediation server in the same front end server ? I want install mediation to connect to audiocode , please recommend should be install the same or separate server with front end ?

Thanks

Monday, October 9, 2017 12:57 PM

All replies

• It is possible to install mediation on a frontend, but for SIP trunking dedicated server is recommended: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398399.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Please read the part regarding Topologies for Mediation Server and Planning decisions for Mediation Server carefully.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Monday, October 9, 2017 1:13 PM
  • Hi Ngo,

Agree with Off2work,if you hardware could meeting the requirement( handle the load),you could use Mediation Server is collocated on the Front End Server in a Front End pool at central sites.

You can use the Microsoft Skype for business Planning Tool to evaluate whether collocating the Mediation Server with your Front End pool can handle the load. If your environment cannot meet these requirements, then you must deploy a stand-alone Mediation Server pool.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=50357

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 2:45 AM
  • Hello

I try install Mediation Server is collocated on the Front End Server in a Front End pool

Thanks for all support

Best Regards,

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 2:04 PM
  •  

Hi Ngo,

If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 1:12 AM
  • Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu

Monday, October 16, 2017 8:50 AM
  • Hello

I just enable mediation in front end server and add sip trunk after make call outbound then eventlog show error

Mediation server hit an internal exception from the signaling layer. The current call may be dropped. Mediation server will keep running. Exception: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Collaboration.Media.CodecId Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Collaboration.Media.H264VideoMediaFormatSet.get_CodecId()'. at Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.AudioVideo.MediaSessionAgent.ProcessGenerateAnswerWorkitem(GenerateAnswerWorkitemAsyncResult workitem) at Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.AudioVideo.WorkitemQueue.ProcessItems() at Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.AudioVideo.SerializationQueue`1.ResumeProcessing() at Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.AudioVideo.QueueWorkItemState.ExecuteWrappedMethod(WaitCallback method, Object state) Method Name: ResumeProcessingCallback Cause: Internal Error. Resolution: Examine any previous error messages in the event log to determine the potential cause and report to Product Support Services.

------

A call to a PSTN number failed due to non availability of gateways. Called Number: 091111119 Phone Usage: Long Distance Route: To-PSTNAudioCodesGW CallId: a7308cffe16f40609852989db8663867 Cause: All gateways available for this call are marked as down. Resolution: Verify that these gateways are up and can respond to calls.

----

A PBX gateway has been marked as down. Gateway name: 10.10.10.129. Cause: A gateway failed to respond to a request within allotted time or was unable to route the request due to some error. Resolution: Verify that the gateway is up and can respond to calls. this problem i donot know it stuck in configure SFB or lync audiocodes

Thanks

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 5:46 AM
  • Hi Ngo Thanh Tien,

Check the Front End server are able to resolve the Lync Edge Pool FQDN.

Check that the security on the GW is the same like the trunk configuration.

Please update to the latest Audiocodes firmware

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu

Friday, October 20, 2017 9:04 AM
  • Hello

I just resolved by update mediation version the same front end pool , because when I enable mediation it is rtm version should can it occur error

Thanks for all support

Best Regards,
    Saturday, October 21, 2017 12:14 AM
  • Thanks for your update, please mark your reply as answer,it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu

Monday, October 23, 2017 1:03 AM