grpwise.exe - Entry Point Not Found RRS feed

• Question

• I hate Novell, but anyone has a solution? This must be something in OSD that I need to edit. Error message:

grpwise.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point ?GetPathFromFile@XPVIEWMGR@@QAEPAVXPVIEWFILE@@AAVXPASTRING@@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library gwxplt1.dll

I did try to enter those lines below but it doesnot help

<POLICIES>

<SXS_32_ENABLED>TRUE</SXS_32_ENABLED>

</POLICIES>

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 9:35 PM

Answers

• I have no clue! it's working today. Thank you all, Znack and Aaron.
    • Proposed as answer by znack Thursday, August 5, 2010 4:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Monday, December 19, 2011 2:17 PM
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 4:01 PM

All replies

• It looks to be a mismatched DLL version rather than an issue with the OSD file. This type of message is usually generated when an application is calling a function from a DLL where that function does not exist, i.e. it's the wrong version of the DLL.

Are you sequencing on on version of Windows and executing on another?

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 10:15 PM
  • Are you sequencing on on version of Windows and executing on another? Yes, and it was working fine. We deleted a test group that had rights to the application without removed the group out of the application permission first. This prevented us to add another group in and to delete the old group (which displayed only the SID). So, I deleted the application and package, and re-imported it...as the result, it failed after re-import. May be I need to do something after I re-import the application?
    Wednesday, August 4, 2010 3:18 PM
  • Have you tried resetting the application for a user (i.e. delete the PKG file or reset the application using the App-V client MMC)
    Wednesday, August 4, 2010 3:34 PM
  • I re-package the application using windows 7 (sequencer), it's now working with windows 7 appv client but it won't run on windows 2008 r2 RDS with error message:

The Application Virtualization Client could not launch the (application name). The system cannot find the path specified.

I did add Windows 2008 R2 RDS in as shown: (My Windows 2008 R2 RDS server has U: drive mapped)

<OS VALUE="Win2008R2TS64"/>
      <OS VALUE="Win7"/>
      <OS VALUE="Win764"/>
      <OS VALUE="WinXP"/>

Please help to find out what goes wrong! I believe the package is fine as it ran on AppV Client Windows 7 and Windows XP

Wednesday, August 4, 2010 9:22 PM
  • Hello,

Have you tried the package on a 64-bit Windows 7 client?

(ergo, check the workingdir-tag in the OSD and see if its still applicable within a 64-bit environment, or maybe the startup-file)

/Znack

Wednesday, August 4, 2010 10:12 PM
  • I have no clue! it's working today. Thank you all, Znack and Aaron.
    • Proposed as answer by znack Thursday, August 5, 2010 4:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Monday, December 19, 2011 2:17 PM
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 4:01 PM