Windows 7 & running logon scripts RRS feed

• Question

• I've just installed Windows 7 Professional on 3 computers.

I work in a school that has two networks that are different domains and on separate subnets. The computer in one domain has a logon script that works perfectly, but the 2 computers in the other domain don't run their logon scripts at logon (although one of them used to work perfectly under W7RC - I've rebuilt that from the ground up with deletion of partitions, formatting of hard drive etc.)

When this first happened, I tried running the logon scripts manually by browsing to the netlogon share on the DC and running the BAT file by double clicking on it. A command prompt window appeared, the script ran, but the drives don't show in My Computer.

The scripts only map network drives, are in the netlogon share on the DC and are .bat files.

Both Domains are controlled by Active Directory and Group Policy so there is a possibility that the drives may not be showing because of a setting in GP, but I can't see one.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be happening and how I can get the drives mapped in My Computer.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Phil C
    GM School

Sunday, September 13, 2009 8:46 PM

Answers

• I've found the answer - my login scriptts have the switch Persistent:No on each mapping.

Take the switch off and the script works. Don't know why, but it does.

Phil C
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Wednesday, September 16, 2009 10:25 AM
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 8:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Phil,

Please:

1. Manually download the file to local drive, run cmd from Start Search box, and run the batch files within the command window. Then check if there is any error message.
    2. Let us know the detail commands. 
    3. Manually map one drive and check if it works properly.

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:31 AM
  • I can run the script manually from local drive, but it still doesn't map the drive and doesn't give any errors.

I can map drive manually, and that's fine.

Hope you can give me some clues - I'm baffled!!!!

Phil C
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 9:33 AM
  • I've found the answer - my login scriptts have the switch Persistent:No on each mapping.

Take the switch off and the script works. Don't know why, but it does.

Phil C
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Wednesday, September 16, 2009 10:25 AM
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 8:20 PM