none
Administrator profile not copying to default user profile in MDT RRS feed

• Question

• I have been working on this issue for couple of days now and i really need some help as of why something that used to work smoothly is no longer working the way it is supposed to. I have my customized Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit image on a vmware workstation where i login using the local administrator profile. I am capturing this image into my 2008 WDS server using MDT 2013. On my capture task sequence whether or not i have the copyprofile syntax to true or false, after capturing the image, i am losing my image customized settings such as desktop icons, control panel settings and taskbar settings. I also have the copyprofile syntax on my deployment unattend.xml but after deploying the image, same issue, i am losing my customized settings. The issue is my administrator profile customized image settings are not copying over  to the default user profile therefore after sysprep and capture, i am losing those settings. I have tried 2 images, even recreated my capture task sequence but same issue. I have done this multiple times and never had this problem before. From what i read, as long as copyprofile is true on my capture unattend.xml or my deployment unattend.xml in MDT, the administrator profile settings should copied over to the default user profile. But it is not working even though it used to work fine before with multiple of my images. After deploying this image, to validate if the administrator profile is copied successfully, i check c:\windows\panther\unattendgc\setupact.log or c:\windows\systems32\sysprep\panther\ie\setupact.log, copyprofiledirectory is not showing copying the administrator profile.

Please help...

• Edited by Bobby N Monday, November 30, 2015 4:05 PM
    Monday, November 30, 2015 4:03 PM

All replies

• What do your sysprep logs say?

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

Monday, November 30, 2015 9:38 PM