Exchange 2013 (OWA) with Azure Multi-Factor Authentication RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

We are running Exchange 2013 and we've added Azure Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) on Outlook for OWA authentication only. While testing, we were able to install MFA on two CAS servers and enabled the OWA setting when installed. We added the URL (OWA website) needed to use MFA. All was working great so far, but we decided to remove MFA and it broke our OWA site connection. We weren't able to use webmail.OurDomain.com as it wouldn't come up. The uninstall refused connection to our OWA site and active sync. The only way into the OWA site was from the CAS server using https://localhost/owa

We managed to get everything back to normal when we re-install MFA back onto the CAS server. I cant understand why that is? Any Ideas?

Side Note: We already use MFA for our VPN solution. When we installed MFA on the CAS server, we joined them to the same group. This way, we didn't have to re-add any users or reconfigure any data. The CAS severs get added as a child MFA server, NOT a master server. 

Friday, July 15, 2016 3:17 AM

Answers

• Hi kevin,

According to your description, I know that failed to login OWA and access ActiveSync device after remove MFA.
    If I mislead your concern, please feel free to let me know.

I want to double confirm the way to remove MFA from Exchange server, since this issue is more related to MFA, I suggest contact Azure Multi-Factor Authentication team for further assistance, for your convenience:
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=windowsazureactiveauthentication

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJF Sunday, July 24, 2016 9:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by Allen_WangJF Monday, July 25, 2016 12:59 PM
    Monday, July 18, 2016 9:34 AM