none
USB Media - TS not starting

Question

• I have updated my deployment image with Windows 10 1803 and recreated my USB media, when booting with the USB stick it starts the deployment wizard  and when I am done selecting the deployment options (domain join, applications,...) the computer screen goes black and the laptop reboots.

It does that on all model i tried.

I am deploying Dell laptops only, grabbed the latest WinPE drivers and and recreated my boot images.

I cannot get any logs so I am not sure where to look.

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 8:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Thomas,

Did you checked whether TS.xml is present under DS\Control directory? As sometimes It creates problem in Offline Media.

Thanks!!

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 3:19 AM
  • Hi Jitesh,

Thanks you pointed me in the right direction, there is a problem with the TS xml files.

What happened is that I had deleted a USB task sequence and wanted to restore it so I took a backup version of the TaskSequences.xml and TaskSequenceGroups.xml files, restored them while renaming the current ones to TaskSequences - Copy.xml 

Even thoughth eold file sare renamed it looks they are still the ones used by MDT weird 

Thursday, August 9, 2018 2:40 PM
  • Sounds Good! Don't use the Task Sequence like that you may face lots of problem. I will suggest you to do any Changes from MDT Console then apply the same. Never Forget to update Media Content.
    • Edited by JiteshKumar Friday, August 10, 2018 5:53 AM
    Friday, August 10, 2018 5:52 AM