Windows Server 2016 TP5 Windows Update service failure halts RRAS service RRS feed

• Question

• Windows Server 2016 TP5.

Windows Update service failure leads Routing and Remote Access service to halt because of both services use the same process.

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 6:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Before we go further, I would like to confirm the following:

1. Regarding the Windows Update Service failure, do you mean that this service cannot be start or not work properly?

2. If the Windows Update Service works properly, then the Routing and Remote Access service will not stop working?

3. So your requirement is how to let the two services back to work, right?

Please help to describe more details about your issue, some screenshots are appreciated.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alvwan Wednesday, June 15, 2016 7:41 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Amy Wang_ Friday, June 17, 2016 7:57 AM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2016 2:44 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for a long pause.

1. Windows Update service starts, works and stops with error. Routing and Remote Access service starts, works and stops when Windows Update service's error causes common for both services process to halt.

2. Yes.

3. I want Routing and Remote Access service keeps working even if Windows Update service halts. In my point of view RRAS is critical service while WUS is not. So noncritical service's halt shouldn't  leads critical service to stop working.

Monday, June 20, 2016 2:23 PM