Skype for Business showing "Voice and Offline Messages Only" on Windows 10 connected with Polycom CX600 RRS feed

• Question

• I currently have Skype for Business 2016 installed on Windows 10 platform, we have Polycom CX600 phones setup. 

For some reason when the user signs in and connects their phone, the users status changes from "Available" to "Available - Voice And Offline Messages Only". 

Has anyone ever come across this before? It's definitely not the users Skype Cache as it goes back to normal when the user logs out of their phone (but still logged into Skype). It seems the Polycom is taking precedence over the Skype client but not sure what's causing it to do that. 

There's absolutely nothing out their regarding this issue so thought I would post it out there myself.

Appreciate any assistance. 

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 3:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Leon -Lu,

I've managed to resolve the issue. The issue was that I had installed a 32bit version of Office on 64bit OS. For some reason it didnt like that. As soon as I installed 64bit version the problem went away.

Thanks for your help.

• Marked as answer by Akhan001 Friday, October 13, 2017 11:12 AM
    Friday, October 13, 2017 11:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Akhan001,

Did you log in skype for business from polycom?

If so, the status will changes from "Available" to "Available - Voice And Offline Messages Only". when the user signs in and connects their phone.

If not,you could try to clean the SFB client cache and make a test.There is a similar thread, you could have a reference.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/d05b42df-df63-4edd-b0a1-bdc7f0686ddc/skype-status-stuck-on-voice-and-offline-messages-only?forum=sfbfr

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 5:05 AM
  • Hi Leon-Lu,

Thanks for your reply.

I've seen that thread and unfortunately that doesn't relate to my situation as it's only related to one user, although I did try it anyway but it didn't resolve my issue.

We log on from Skype which then detects there is a Polycom phone attached and prompts for the domain password, which then enables the user to sign into the phone automatically. 

It works perfectly fine on our Windows 7 environment but on Windows 10 I get this problem.

Let me just clarify further our environment. The Windows 10 machine is a VM using VMWare Instant Clones. Users connect to the VM via a Wyse Terminal. The Polycom phones have the latest firmware and so does the Wyse Terminals.   

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 6:51 AM
  • Hi Akhan001,

1.If you set this account in another win10 computer and make a test , does the issue persist?

2.If you could perform a clean boot in Win10,This helps eliminate software conflicts. After that,if the issue is gone, the problem caused the eliminate software, you should test the softewares one by one and find out it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 7:36 AM
  • It seems to work fine outside of the Virtual environment. 

So my guess is something to do within the VDI setup that is causing the problem. But what, is the question?

Performing a clean boot hasn't made a difference unfortunately.  

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 11:34 AM
  • Hi Akhan001,

Which methods sign-in the IP desk phone? If you use the USB cable, you could another ways to sign-in the IP desk phone and make a test, there is a link you could have a reference.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Sign-in-on-your-IP-desk-phone-50d67e5c-8a51-4f1a-80c4-a78e67be10c9?CorrelationId=7b7a455f-05aa-44f4-a703-85bd08c6616b&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

You could contact Wyse and ask for a help, thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu

Thursday, October 12, 2017 7:46 AM
  • Hi Leon -Lu,

I've managed to resolve the issue. The issue was that I had installed a 32bit version of Office on 64bit OS. For some reason it didnt like that. As soon as I installed 64bit version the problem went away.

Thanks for your help.

• Marked as answer by Akhan001 Friday, October 13, 2017 11:12 AM
    Friday, October 13, 2017 11:12 AM
  • Hi Akhan001,

I am glad to hear that you solve the problem, thanks for your sharing.

Best Regards,

Leon-Lu

Monday, October 16, 2017 1:16 AM